We’ve heard that it has been extremely hot in in North America as well as Europe recently. Having survived the hottest month (April) in Thailand we thought we’d share what we’ve learned in hopes that it might help you to say cool while at the same time not causing expensive air conditioning bills.
Tips for Staying Cool
1) Take cold showers, especially in the late afternoon
2) Freeze big bottles of water (remember to empty a little so the water has room to expand) and sleep holding them. To avoid moisture getting your sheets wet (but let’s face it you were going to sweat anyway) wrap the bottle in a thin towel or shirt.
3) Freeze chunks of fruit and eat it as a late afternoon/evening snack. Fruits that work the best are watermelon, mango, pineapple, grapes (both green and red), honeydew melon, blueberries (any of the berries actually). The ones to avoid are papaya, apples, pears, and citrus fruits. We’ve discovered that pouring coconut milk over frozen mango is delicious!
4) When you need a blast of cool air just as a break from the heat, stick your head in the freezer for a moment.
5) Take a vacation to a cold region. Consider vacationing in Alaska, Norway, Greenland, Siberia…anywhere nice and chilly.
6) Go see a movie in the theater. Movie theaters are notorious for being freezing cold making them a perfect escape for a heat wave.
If anyone else has tips to add please do so in the comment section.
Hope this helps,
Mindy and Ligeia :):)